Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stress Headache

I have been experiencing a lot of stress headaches. Sometimes they can last several days. The pain can vary from dull to severe. Over the counter pain relievers sometimes have no effect on me. Topical headache medicine sometimes dulls the pain but it depends on how severe it is. I have found that I need to deal with stress more effectively to deal with these headaches.

Stress management techniques such as exercising regularly and having my family there when I need support are helpful I dealing with a tension headache. Also using relaxation methods such as listening to soothing music and meditation are useful ways to deal with stress and get rid of headaches. Also taking care of myself by eating nutritious foods, not skipping meals and getting enough sleep are also key in dealing with tension and keeping a stress headache at bay.

No comments: